Friday, May 23, 2008

I don't know what this is all about

Apparently everyone needs a blog. We have enjoyed Rhia's Rubbish and desire to reach the height's of its success. I hope that success will be ours.

Anyhow, I have to say that I work in a ghetto school. I am amazed (not shocked, mind you, because nothing shocks me anymore) at what the kids come up with to do. Just today, the seniors that are classified as "Texas Scholars" were invited to a picnic lunch at the fairgrounds in Crosby. The seniors from the neighboring town of Huffman were also invited, as our towns share one chamber of commerce (I know, even more ghetto). After the lunch, the students from both schools, along with administration and high profile community members were lined up for a photo. One of the Crosby seniors yells, "One, two, three.." and that is where the fun begins. A whole groups yells obscenities in connection with how "superior" Crosby is to anywhere else. The Crosby Superintendant proceeded to clutch his chest, like the big one was coming. The principal turns as red as his shirt, and a counselor starts yelling at the kids that she will put their "happy butts" back on the bus. The kids settle down, for the most part. Just the occasional gang sign or birdie finger being thrown. OH YES, this is Crosby's best and brightest! Nevertheless, I digress.

After the photo, the words return that have now haunted them all. "One, Two, THREE!" Another obscenity is thrown out in unison in relation to the neighboring town. The poor students from the other school had no idea what they had done to the Crosby kids to deserve such a raunchy commendation. The buses were loaded quickly. The principal stepped on each bus and expressed his anger. He promised to cancel graduation and mail them their diplomas if they could not grow up. They could all just go their separate ways. (I'm not going to lie, I would prefer graduation not to happen. It is a pain!!) He told them when they got back to the school, to get in their cars and leave. He didn't want them "in his house" anymore.

Talking to the dance director, we agreed that had this happened and we were running things, we would have made them all stay in a central location and not speak for the rest of the day. If one did, we would cancel the ceremony. Letting them leave was just a reward for misbehavior! Anyhow, I didn't have time for that today. Too much going on.

I hope you enjoy reading our blog in the future. It will continue to be filled with wisdom and some not-so-much wisdom. Tootles!

5 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

Ha! Just remember...that is our future...they are the teachers, lawyers, doctors, and leaders of the 21st century! I am sooooo glad you guys finally got a blog...woo-hoo!

Melissa said...

So my question is...why do I, your own flesh and blood, have to find out you have a blog by reading our dear Rhia's Rubbish??? It's not like I haven't talked to you since Friday when you posted this. I'm offended!!! I don't know that we can hang out next week in Utah anymore, which means that trip will be virtually pointless and un-fun for you! I see where the love is. Just to let you know, I will constantly stalk your blog, and leave harrassing messages until you add me on your "fav blog list"! That's how I roll! Take that!!!! :)

Anna B. said...

I think you should write a book called Janetties wisdom and wit.I mean c'mon a blog and a all your excursions, Italy, a cruise, New England. It is millions in the making.

Anna B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

Oh, good! Another blog to add to my favorites! I look forward to blog-stalking.